Saturday, March 06, 2010

A Meal Planning Mommy

I love my crock pot.

I have had it for years, but only really discovered it recently, thanks to Grandma E and Aunt MH, actually.

But now I know the secret that so many women have already known. The best meal plan involves preparing and freezing meals at the end of the weekend.


Because it's far easier to cut open a frozen bag of stew and slow cook it all day than it is to cut up stew meat, potatoes, celery, onions, carrots, etc, add all of your spices and flavorings, and try to do so in time to have dinner made by the time D walks in the door. Especially on the days when the counter is cluttered, N is screaming, and T is colicky.


My favorite recipes so far include Chicken Paprika, Chicken with apples and lemon, and barbecued meatballs.


Are you a crock pot cooker? Do you have other time cutting secrets? Favorite recipes? Tell me about them!

No response to “A Meal Planning Mommy”

Post a Comment