Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Little Bedtime Trouble

Sooooo, T is growing fast, and D and I are concerned about how much longer he has in his bassinet. He's just starting to look a little crowded in there, really.

We've had N's toddler bed set up ever since we got it, but N shows little interest in it unless we're talking about it. And he's very very clingy to his routine, and doesn't like to change things up at all.

But lately, D and I have started to try putting N in the toddler bed instead of the crib.

He doesn't appreciate it.

From the moment he lays down, it's a tear-fest. I don't mind putting him back in bed constantly but the crying just eats at me. I mean, it's not the normal "I'm not getting my way" tears. It's "something is very wrong!!!" tears.

So, here I am, coming to you.

Does anyone have any advice for how to make this transition easier? I've been told to bring him with us shopping for bedding, and we can work on that. I've been given advice about not backing down, and I'm tenacious once I get it in my head. But this isn't a punishment for him, and I'd like the transition to be as painless as possible. Does anyone have any ideas? Experience?

One response to “A Little Bedtime Trouble”

Anonymous said...

Oh that's a hard one...and you'd think I'd have a bit of knowledge with 4 sons of my own. I guess it's like anything else...(kind of like The Nanny), you just keep walking them back to their bed till they're just too exhausted I guess. That can be really tiring for us parents but repetition and patience has always worked for us...as well as a bit of bribing from time to time! haha Good luck with it!! -Kristen

Post a Comment